Children's Tylenol Cold + Flu Oral Suspension, Grape, 4 Fl. Oz
Intended for kids 6 to 11 years of age, Children’s Tylenol Cold + Flu Oral Suspension provides temporary relief from a wide range of kids' cold and flu symptoms, including minor aches and pains, headache, sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, sneezing, and runny nose. The formula also temporarily reduces fever. This liquid medicine for kids comes in a kid-friendly grape flavor and is free of ibuprofen, alcohol, and aspirin. Each 5-milliliter contains 160 milligrams of the pain reliever and fever reducer acetaminophen and 1 milligram of the antihistamine chlorpheniramine maleate. Each 5-milliliter also contains 5 milligrams of the cough suppressant dextromethorphan HBr and 2.5 milligrams of the nasal decongestant phenylephrine HCl. Tylenol is the #1 pediatrician recommended brand for pain & fever relief and has been relied on by parents for over 60 years.
- Ingredientes activos
- Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Phenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Inactive ingredients anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- skin reddening
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- to make a child sleepy
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- if your child is allergic to any of the ingredients in this product
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- stuffy nose
- sneezing and runny nose
- temporarily reduces fever
- Important: Read all product information before using. Keep box for important information.
- this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use.
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup
- repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
under 36 (lb), under 4 years, do not use
36-47 (lb), 4 to 5 years, do not use unless directed by a doctor
48-95 (lb), 6 to 11 years, 10 mL
* or as directed by a doctor
Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)