Imodium A-D Softgels, 24 Count
Experience relief and help treat and control diarrhea symptoms with Imodium A-D Anti-Diarrheal Softgels with Loperamide HCl. The proven formula of this anti-diarrheal medicine is designed to work with your body to slow down your system and restore its natural rhythm and balance, often in just one dose. Suitable for adults and children ages 12 and older, each softgel capsule contains 2 mg of loperamide hydrochloride to help control symptoms of diarrhea due to acute, active and Traveler's diarrhea. From the #1 doctor-recommended anti-diarrheal brand for symptom treatment and control, Imodium A-D works faster than the prescription diarrheal medication Lomotil, containing diphenoxylate and atropine. The convenient tear-away packaging makes these capsules ideal for use anywhere, both at home or on-the-go.
- Active Ingredients
- Active Ingredient (in each capsule)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
Butylated hydroxyanisole, edible ink, FD&C blue no. 1, gelatin, glycerin, glyceryl caprylate, polyoxyl 40 hydrogenated castor oil, purified water
- Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Do not use
- If you have bloody or black stool
- In children under 12 years of age
- Mucus in the stool
- A history of liver disease
- A history of abnormal heart rhythm
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Symptoms get worse
- Diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- You get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Not for use in children under 12 years of age
- Adults and children 12 years and over: 2 softgels after the first loose stool; 1 softgel after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 softgels in 24 hours
- Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F). Protect from light.
- Avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
- Do not use if blister unit is torn or broken
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)